Friday, April 15, 2011

Session 11

Sorry for the late update, the last few sessions my WiFi was not working in class.

This last speaker was interesting.  I'm definitely taking the advice of getting a girlfriend before starting the company to heart, I'll bear that in mind when I get back home :)

What I liked particularly, is that finally we had a speaker that addressed the critical mass issue with these sort of websites.  .  I liked his response which is simple aggressive 'in your face' marketing.

The concept that every entrepreneurial idea comes down to a list of about 500 questions and issues to be resolved.  I will try to use that to evaluate various ideas that I have.  Take a look at each of the lists and try to determine which idea is easier to accomplish/pursue.

I loved the jokes he made about the McKinsey consultants (and consultants in general).  It was funny.

Again, as many of the speakers stressed, having a prototype to show people, and how important it is.  I am really taking this to heart, since with my engineering background I can do the initial risk mitigation phases of many concepts.




No comments:

Post a Comment